Monday, May 23, 2011

a new beginning

I survived the retreat! It was definitely an odd experience for me to be around a bunch of very talkative women for 3 solid days (even 3 hours would have been an odd experience for me!!). Anyway, I got to know a few of the ladies better and also meet a few new ones. I really enjoyed the times of worship! Gwen Smith was fantastic! I got to hear a lot of good teaching for women. By the time it was ending my brain was in “overload” because of too much material to listen to and absorb.

After I sort out my notes and thoughts about the whole experience and what I got out of it, I’ll make a post about it. Till then, here are some shots of the weekend.







I am so loving being home with my boys!! Ryan is back from Israel, back from college, and here for the summer. I missed his presence! We are entering into a time of learning about Blood Type diets. Can't wait to get started on it.

I have a lot of reading/learning/studying/praying to do. Oh, let's not forget exercise! I was very convicted about how I've let myself go physically. I'm really quite ashamed of myself. I'm trying to learn not to take my depression out on myself by eating tons of chocolate. I must learn discipline again (I used to be so disciplined), must learn patience, must learn to wait, must learn to be content. The list is never-ending. But this is a new journey for me...again.

No comments: