Monday, February 14, 2011

who do you love?

Valentine’s Day is not something typically celebrated in my household so I was shocked to receive this Origami Rose that my wonderful son, Kyle made. He is so thoughtful. No wonder I love him so much.

Children’s church yesterday was pretty good, I thought. Can’t believe how big the class is now. I remember last year doing it and we only had like 4-5 kids. Now there are around 15-17. Kyle took half the class to do the craft project, and I took half to do the lesson. Since today is Valentine’s Day I decided to do it on love, Biblical love. We talked about what love is, what it isn’t, what it looks like in our lives, and who we are supposed to love. We also discussed what God says we are if we don’t have love. I think the kids actually learned something! Can’t say the craft was a success though. Kyle ran out of time and most of the kids didn’t finish… so next time I gotta come up with something way easier, or he needs more helpers.

On the way home with a splitting headache, I said to Kyle, “You know, as difficult and stressful as Children's Church is, I really enjoy doing it.” He totally agreed. There is nothing more important than reaching the children.

No comments: