Friday, February 25, 2011

time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future

Kyle and I spent all day at church on Wednesday after women's Bible class (which I am beginning to enjoy, btw). We were very busy getting stuff done, and we had fun doing it! My teaching CBC went ok, I think. It wasn’t until we were on our way home that I realized I didn't have to tell the children to turn around, or be quiet during the lesson. Everyone was attentive and they were answering my questions. Some of the kids told me afterward that they loved the songs, so that was nice. But some of them were negative about everything I did. Oh well. I put my heart into it, and that’s all God expects of me. (I think they enjoyed using the musical instruments, even if they don't admit it!)

Tonight I made these really awesome potatoes. They are like mashed potatoes stuffed back inside of the skins that I double-baked after I coated them with olive oil and kosher salt. They were crispy and crunchy and salty, and then the creamy potatoes inside were just so succulent. Topped with a little butter and Parmesan cheese, and mmmmm! So good! Last night we made smoothies out of mango, pineapple, strawberries and peaches. The natural sweetness from the fruit satisfied my cravings for chocolate!! I have decided that I am too fat, and I feel pathetic about it. Time to get serious. No more junk food!! So, any food pics from now on will be on the healthy side. No more chocolate desserts or anything like that. I can’t afford to get any fatter! Must work out! Must lose weight!

On to bigger and better news, Ryan got his haircut yesterday!! Yay!! So, here’s a picture of him. He looks great! Pretty soon he will lose the braces. Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve seen him without them. He will change all over again! Cant’ wait to see him and hear him sing at church. The light coming in the window looks like God is shining down on him!
Tonight I am going to try to finish Jeremiah. I’m so tired I don’t know if I’ll be able to, but we’ll see.

2 comments:

Majid Ali said...

I feel good to see a happy family. God bless you

Linda Vegh said...

thank you! =)