Sunday, May 15, 2016

Oh, Son of Mine

Here is the song that I wrote for the Mother/Son dance at Kyle's wedding.  Ryan worked for many hours to produce something so wonderful.  So proud of all his hard work!  Thanks Ryan!!



There was a crunch on time right at the end.  Ryan was here putting some final touches on the video a few days before we presented it at the reception.





I was a little bit nervous about 250 people watching something that I wrote and sang, but I was told afterward that the entire tent was quiet while the song played... and there were many tears shed.  A lot of people came up to me to tell me how much they liked it.  I'm so glad!

This was definitely a labor of love, and I feel a little weird and relieved knowing it's done.  It was getting more and more difficult keeping it a secret from everyone for so many months.

Today we took Danny to church and then to downtown Grand Rapids for lunch.  Then we left GR and are headed back to NJ tomorrow to pack up our house and leave NJ for good.   Many waves of emotions.... We will be back to Michigan (I think) before Kyle and Hilary return from their honeymoon.


No comments: