Tuesday, February 23, 2016

my Michigan shenanigans


Last night I took the kids out to dinner at Little Bangkok, a Thai restaurant.  It was superb!  We all enjoyed it
Hilary and me


This is a view from my teeny little plane on the way to Michigan.  We were flying pretty low...almost as low as the picture above.  Below is a view of one of the frozen lakes.  I think it's the bottom tip of Lake Huron.  I'm glad we didn't crash.



Ah, one of my favorite signs.  I finally got a picture of it.  Pretty soon I will be purely Michigan, not New Jersey.


That is a picture of Ryan and some of the guys putting together the new electric drum kit.  The stage looked amazing when we got all done setting stuff up, and especially after the folks did the trees, and the new lighting.  It looked so great!  And it was great to have had the opportunity to be a part of the praise band for the first Sunday of it's unveiling.


This is one of the shots of Hilary's bridal shower.  Man, we must have had 50 some people here crammed into our house.  The Rolff's did an extraordinary job of setting stuff up and organizing.  It was so lovely for Kyle and Hilary.  Below is a shot of all the folks from Kyle's side of the family that were there.  I was in my jammies because it was supposed to be a "comfy" shower and we were encouraged to wear pajamas or sweatpants.  I ended up being the only one who was comfy...but I sure didn't care.  I am the mother of the groom, so I can do whatever I want!

Me, Michele, Hilary, Kyle, Aunt Vi, Darlene


Ryan and I had a date at the hair salon.  That was a really fun time together!   We both got haircuts!

So, my days here are dwindling, but I have so enjoyed being here.  It's beginning to feel like home.  I walked around the yard today and got re-familiarized with everything, and just enjoyed the atmosphere.  I'm definitely looking forward to being here in the spring when all the new flowers and plants start blooming.  It will look just gorgeous.

Not sure yet when we are moving because we found out that we have to put in a new septic system (leach field and other stuff) which is a HUGE stumbling block, timewise and financially.   I keep reminding myself that my life is not my own, I had to give it to God.  I had to give my time, my talents, and my future to God.  He can have it all.  It's comforting to know that I'm in good hands.

No comments: