Monday, February 1, 2016

Bittersweetness all around

Christmas Eve

Yesterday... the one year anniversary of my Dad's death.  The first thing in the morning a picture pops up on my Facebook.  It was a picture of my Mom and Dad where I announced the passing away of my Dad.  So, that started my day sad.  As I sat with some of the worship team for our prayer time, I just lost it when I started talking about my Dad.  And at the same time, I felt glad to be surrounded by these caring worshipers.  It was also a wonderful experience to be singing praises to God for His faithfulness.  It is beyond my imagination what my Dad is doing now in glory.  Someday I will be with him again and all the tears will be gone.

Yesterday... I sang at Grace.  I just love singing with these wonderful musicians.  They are so talented, yet humble.  They never act like they are better than me!  Nobody beats you up for mistakes, they just laugh and admit that they made same mistakes.  Mistakes aren't taken seriously, especially for those who have been doing this for many, many years, because they have all made them, they are all human, and they all learn from them, and from the experience.  It is impossible to grow without having the experience.  I just love Kenny and the teams he puts together.  They truly exude grace and love in a tangible way.   I love that he has extended this opportunity to me, even though he knows I'm inexperienced and that I'm moving soon.  He told me last night that he really enjoys having me there, and that I bring an energy and vibe to the stage that he really appreciates.  He told me I could even dance up there if I wanted to!  

Yesterday... we accepted another offer on our house, so yesterday might have been the last time I get to sing with them.  Kenny has me on schedule to sing for their Big Worship Sunday in February, but it happens to be the same Sunday I'll be singing with Ryan in Michigan, and the same day as Hilary's shower.  Funny how that worked out.   Even though I will miss out on that, I'll be with my kids doing other things, and preparing for our lives out there.

Yesterday... I got a video of the Christmas Eve service.  It was so cool to watch and hear it from the congregation's perspective. It was fantastic!  I'm also getting a copy of the one from yesterday as well, which will be super nice to have, since it might be the last time I ever sing there. 

Here are a few pictures from Christmas Eve.  Someday I will post the videos of songs.

Mike D, Mike, Kenny, Steve
candle lighting
Silent Night
worship
Armin's closing thoughts

Oh what a glorious night!

No comments: