Monday, December 29, 2014

some homemade gifts...edible and otherwise

I tried making some gifts this year.  I ended up not doing any sewing, but decided on food gifts.

Homemade Cracker Jacks for Darryl

Chocolate covered almond butter balls for the Christmas Play,
and chocolate covered pretzels for my pastor's wife
(I also made Enchiladas for my pastor, but didn't take a picture)

2 kinds of fudge

More misc. sweet treats for the holidays

Spikes Hot Pepper Paste for Ryan

A LOT of hot peppers cooking up

finished product
Almond Butter
Owl Painting I made for Kyle

how it began

the mess I made
I really enjoyed making gifts this year.  I think people appreciate the time, thought, and effort it takes to make something special for them.  I think sometimes those gifts are more meaningful than the expensive ones, don't you?

No comments: