Thursday, August 21, 2014

it's all about me

working on a new song on Mom and Dad's front porch
trying to record my song
stinky, germy dog kiss...ew
So I was able to spend a few days down in West Virginia with Mom and Dad.  It was super nice to hang out with them, and enjoy veggies from their garden.  I enjoyed taking walks, writing music, playing guitar, and singing.  I did not, however, enjoy the 7 1/2 hour drive to their house, and 6 1/2 hours on the way home, with rain and fog.  I probably won't be doing that again any time soon, but at least I know I'm able.  And it helped me learn to drive my new car a little better.  I did an absolutely perfect job of parallel parking in town.  You should have seen it.

It looks like I am going to attempt to play guitar (and sing of course) for songs at camp.  I really have no idea how that will turn out.. but I'm hoping it is a good experience, and not something I will regret.  Tomorrow I'm getting an amp, so I'm pretty excited about that.  I will be able to use it for my guitar or my mic, depending on what I'm doing.  I still want to get a good recording of my second song.  Each time I sing it, there's something I mess up, so I'm not going to post it, like I did with the first song.  I really must do a lot of work on my vocals, as well as my guitar!

Today I made some lovely tomato sauce... and man was it delish... wow.  I'm also harvesting a lot of my herbs for drying.  It will be so cool to have them to use all winter.  Really looking forward to the end result.  Well, the garden is doing pretty good.  We are getting lots of ripe things now... pretty soon we will have our first watermelon!!  Really, how cool is that?

I know I'm forgetting things I wanted to write, but it's late, so what do you expect?

babies outside my front window


No comments: