Friday, August 15, 2014

He's Got Me Covered



I'm so proud of my first song! I "finished" it while we were in Michigan with the boys. We had a rushed time of recording it in the hotel in the morning before we left Grand Rapids, but it sure meant a lot to me that Ryan wanted to do this with me (he plays it way better than I do)!  My family loves this song and they are so surprised and excited for me for doing such a good job on my very first song.

To all you "perfect" critics out there, I know this is not a professionally recorded video, but it is my video, my song, my memory with my family, and I am so happy with my accomplishment!

I just completed my second song while I'm here in West Virginia visiting my mom and dad. I would like to get a video recording of it while I'm here, if possible, just to memorialize it.

I am discovering that writing songs is a great release for me; a good way to express things that otherwise go unsaid. I used to write a good bit of poetry (like Ryan), so the writing aspect of it isn't entirely new to me. I'm already looking forward to writing my next one. I can't wait to get started on it because I'm going to go in an entirely different direction with it.

No comments: