Thursday, February 20, 2014

amusing myself

Yesterday I finally met Emma.  She is amazing!  She was able to figure out all the chords and play them on her guitar within the first couple of minutes of hearing the song we are doing.  She and Zuke decided to lower the key because they want me to sing this particular song in my lower register.  I sure I hope can sing the song well enough to make them both proud!  Emma and I will get together again next Wednesday and then I won't see her again until probably April.

I went to ShopRite today and I realized how little it takes to amuse me.  I saw this package of octopus and it made me smile.  I don't know why... but maybe it's because in my little world, we don't eat squiggly things like that.  I have no desire to put this stuff in my mouth!
And later I noticed a large herd of deer coming out of our woods in the back.  Next thing I know they are all right outside our front window looking for food.  There was nothing in the bird feeders and the local ShopRite wouldn't give me any old bread.  Soo....they went away hungry...

"hey, Linda!! take care of us!"
I've been wanting to record another song for my blog, and I tried to do one the other day, but unfortunately every single time I tried there was something wrong with it.  I either didn't hit the right note singing or I messed up the chord...so I will have to try again another day.  I don't want to post things that have mistakes if I can help it.  But I do definitely want to post something by the end of the month for my 6 month progress.  I am learning a lot of new songs and so I'm quite happy about that.   It will be hard to pick which one to record.

Since I've been learning guitar I've mostly been concentrating on doing the chords the CCM cheat way, which is fine for most worship songs, and preferred by worship leaders.  But after watching Emma play, I have decided to put way more time and effort into perfecting them the "right" way without all the cheating.  I will probably still use the standard cheat chords if I want to, but I don't want to always have to.  I want to expand out and even do barre chords and a proper F chord with ease.  Today I also attempted to play without my pick, and that was another fun experience.

I got a Mastering Harmony course from Singing Success.  My harmony is getting pretty good these days, so Darryl rewarded me by buying it for me to help me gain even more singing success... haha...pun... I'm psyched to start it tomorrow.

Our snow should be melting tomorrow.  Hope this is the last of it.



defying gravtiy

cool, huh?
Very soon it will be warm enough to sit out on the deck and enjoy the sun.  When it is, you will know where to find me; on the deck or in the pool.

No comments: