Tuesday, December 31, 2013

it's all just dust in the wind...

The day has come and gone now.

Ryan and Kyle and I did our thing at Preakness this past Sunday morning.  Ryan was super pleased how everything went!  Zuke and Darryl were also very happy.  I'm so glad Zuke made it out to see us.  She was wonderful with encouraging words.  And Darryl was great doing the sound board and giving me "thumbs up" when I looked over at him... and Zuke was smiling so big!!  What a great feeling to make my family and vocal coach proud.  haha...  It was so cool though...at least 16 people came up to me to say "great job" or something else nice.  Ryan did a fantastic job leading, and playing guitar and piano...and Kyle was awesome on his violin and djembe.  And at the end of the service after our closing song when I was playing guitar with Ryan, the congregation applauded!  It was so dang cool!  I've never heard them do that before.  I hope I can hear that on the video.

Zuke wrote on Facebook that she wants me to do a solo at church now... hahaha... yeah right.  She and Emma are gonna come do the music and harmony for me.

I am hoping to post a video here as soon as Kyle gets it ready.... I am hoping I can post something that sounds good.  Unfortunately the audio that was recorded through the sound board wasn't that great... so I am really hoping the video is a lot better.

We went out to a Thai restaurant last night, after a day of relaxing and vegging. It was my first time ever having Thai food.  It was Ok, but I don't think I would crave it.  However, I did have some crispy duck for the very first time and it was very good.
flaming ice cream
the boys
For what is your life?
It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
James 4:14

No comments: