Sunday, December 15, 2013

end of year jitters

 This is the ear warmer snuggly thing that Ryan got me that I am wearing...as well as the wishbone necklace that Kyle got me (for my birthday).  The reason I look so worn out is because this was taken at the end of a very long and stressful car ride back home from West Virginia over Thanksgiving.  But alas, I am smiling because of the joy my boys brought me.
Here's Darryl when he was getting prepped for his knee surgery.  Another really long day.  And now,  only 4 days later and he was able to drive himself to church and walk with one crutch.  Not bad.  And as of today I am done giving him injections!  I had to give him 2 each day into his abdomen and that was not fun at all!

So here's what's happening:

My two wonderful sons are driving home from Michigan on Tuesday!  That will be a very long and worrisome day for these 2 parents.  Will be praying for safety all the way home...and nice weather.

On Wednesday, these 2 sons of mine and I are heading to Zuke's for my final lesson before we sing at church.  She has been good enough to arrange all of our songs for us, except the hymn which we hadn't picked yet... and I think all of the songs are going to be great.  We may even get to meet Emma Brooke while we are there.

Oh, who is Emma Brooke, you ask?  Here, check out this song she wrote: Wishing he was you. This is the girl that Zuke is hooking me up with to sing at Preakness.  She is going to sing harmony for me, and Zuke is going to play piano.  That will sure be a sweet day!

Oh yes, let's not forget about the CBC Christmas party.  It'll be fun having the boys there.
Thursday I think we will decorate the tree and maybe put up a couple of decorations in the house so we at least know it's Christmas.  And then the 3 of them will be off to church to practice for the four Christmas Eve services.

Haircuts will be one of the first things done I think.
Sunday is the children's play at Preakness.  That will be fun.
Then we need to rush around and do some Christmas shopping and wrapping.
Christmas Eve service at Grace all day... I wonder where that leaves me for the day?
Christmas comes and goes, and then we sing at Preakness.  Yay!  Can't wait! :-)
Then we need to get the house ready for Hilary and folks from GBC.
Then Ryan's tour begins.
Preakness Christmas Party.
Fun with Kyle and Hilary... skiing?  shopping?  cooking?  New York?

Well, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.  That's as far as my mental dump is going.  I'm trying to get myself in a Christmas mood, but it's not easy.  Sometimes I don't feel all that joyful.  But like Pastor Karl says, we need to trust Christ and put Him first!  And also, I am thanking God my boys will be here!  At least we will have part of my family with us for Christmas, and I will just have to trust Christ with the rest of them.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. 
Psalm 94:19

No comments: