Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The cry of my heart

What can make a child hate their parent so much? That is what I keep asking myself, over and over again. I just don’t understand it. Even a child “of the world” has a natural love for their moms, don’t they? That’s what I thought. But man was I wrong. After all this time, after all I’ve done for her, after all I gave her and gave up for her, she still despises me. After all the apologies, all the forgiveness, and all the time I have left her alone, she had a need to lash out at me yet again. I GAVE HER WHAT SHE WANTED; I STAYED OUT OF HER LIFE.

It’s not enough for her to leave us with a $20,000 debt. It’s not enough for her to keep my grandson away from me. When will it be enough?

ugh…I will never understand why my own daughter hates me with such a passion, why she continually tries to hurt me. This animosity she has towards me has been building over many years. Why God? Why? Is it because I love You and she hates You?

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.” John 15:18

I wonder how this hateful, spiteful person came out of my body. I don’t even know her. She is a stranger to me. But she is my daughter, and I do pray for her every day because I don’t want her to go to hell.

2 Timothy 3: 1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

“from such people turn away”. This is basically the advice that Kyle gave me. I'm sure he hates seeing the way she hurts me. I'm trying so hard to keep her out of my heart, but obviously I'm not successful yet.

No comments: