Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day in NYC

We had such a fun time in NYC today. Our plan was to stop at a restaurant for lunch and spend the rest of the day in Central Park. But the day flew by so fast that we had hardly any time to spend in Central Park. We barely got to walk through it at all… just saw a teeny piece of it. So we still have to go back again to do that. We also want to hit a place for dessert next time. At first, just Kyle and I were going to go, but then at the last minute Darryl went too. Good thing he did because Kyle and I don't know how to figure out the subways. I think we all had a really fun time. Can't wait to do it again. Here are some of my pics.

Catching the train in Netcong.
A little boy with a sign for the Veteran's Day Parade. We did see a lot of the people setting up for the parade but we didn't have time to wait for it to start. Lots of TV people there. We also saw them shooting a commercial for a clothing store. So much going on in NY.
View from train.
The boys.
Display at Penn Station.

Lots and lots of flowers on both sides of the street.

We got to meet Chef Ed McFarland from Ed's Lobster Bar. It was so cool to be there and eat the food that made him famous (His Lobster Roll won Food Network's Food Feud).
Some pretty spectacular shoes that Darryl wanted me to buy! I didn't buy any. They were $130! I do like shoes, but think women waste too much money on them.
Museum of Natural History. We bypassed this place. I'm not much into museums. What is "natural history" anyway?
Our teeny little peek at Central Park.
We walked through a little bit of it. Next time we will spend the day there.
cool guys on subway wanting to make money off of us dumb tourists. But I didn't mind. It was fun. I told Kyle he should yoyo!
Ride back home. It was so nice, but it'll be a long time before we ever take the train again. It was WAY too expensive. I don't know how people can afford to take it all the time!!
Another view from train.
Our first time on a double-decker train. It was fun to be on top.

No comments: