Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fun in the kitchen

Rustic Rub spice rub for our baby back ribs this weekend when we have a friend over for supper.


Fried onions that I just love!! They were so good that Kyle wanted to have them two nights in a row. So the second night I made a mountain of them. This pic isn’t great, but it’s the memory that counts.

I don’t like to cook every night, sometimes it's a treat to go out, but I do enjoy being in the kitchen creating things. And just like in other areas of my life, I enjoy trying new things. I get bored when things are the same day in and day out, time after time, doing the same things the same way. I need to spice up my food the same way I like my life spicey.

Back years ago I had a small store on Main Street, Whitehouse Station. Back then I knew nothing about running a store, so I didn’t have it for a very long time. And after that I thought seriously about opening a small Soup, Salad and Sandwich restaurant. That would be kinda fun. I have often thought about making something and selling it. It would be cool to actually make money doing what I like to do. I do love creating things, whether it’s food, or the work I do on my computer. For a while I did graphic work making logos. For a while I took photos (mostly flowers) and then made cool digital art with them. I actually did sell some of them in a store for a while, but eventually I got bored with it and ended up giving away most of the ones I had left.

Why I am I writing all this? Why am I even thinking about it? I guess because I realize I have so many things I can do with my life after Kyle is in college. I never have to worry about sitting home with nothing to do. I could redecorate my home, cook, start a business (haha!). I could (and SHOULD) get back to working out like I used to. I have gotten so far away from it lately. I guess because I am so busy all the time. Who knows? Maybe I will get a job.

I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but I had fun exploring some of my options today. So, after Kyle goes to college, and I fall apart emotionally, and I'm sitting there sobbing, I will remind myself that there are things I can do to pull myself out of the pit of sadness.

No comments: