Thursday, February 15, 2024

Keeping busy

Hilary took me out for brunch this week.  Such a sweetie...
We went to the 76th Street Diner.   It was only my second time there.  The food was amazing.  We got the breakfast burrito smothered in sausage gravy!  Why didn't I take a picture of it?  hahaha... so good.



Yesterday I decided rather suddenly to go to a widow support group lunch.  I'm glad I went even though it was still a bit awkward.  Maybe if I keep doing things they will become a little easier.  After lunch I visited with John, and it was nice catching up with him.  

Last Sunday I went to Rush Creek to hear Kyle's Sunday School lesson.  He did an amazing job teaching.  He's so smart.  Great job, Kyle!  

 Today I have a man coming over to measure for carpeting.  I think it will be nice and uplifting to make some cosmetic changes to the house to maybe make it feel more like my home, and hopefully that will help with the healing process.  All of these decisions and changes are hard, but I keep asking the Lord to help me and guide me to give me the right direction for my life.  This is still all so new to me but eventually I want to get to the point where I can wake up in the morning without being afraid to face the day, or go to bed without being scared.  I think that will take a while, so, as they say, "one day at a time".

No comments: