Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Be Still My Soul



This is the start of getting my studio set up. 
Got a long ways to go to get it functional.
I have been following world events very closely the past 2 months or so, and I have to admit that the crumbling of the United States is having a negative effect on me.  I'm sort of living in a non-realistic state of mind, almost similar to living in a dream that you never wake up from, but this is a nightmare.  And I realized a couple of days ago that I have to take a step back. 

I have to stop being so angry, so scared, so helpless...  I'm trying to read my Bible more, and sing more and take my mind to places that I can find peace instead of stress.  I started getting my studio set up and I starting playing guitar again.  I sang the song above to help me remember that God is still on His Throne and I can be still and trust in Him.  I don't know what that means to me on a daily basis, but that I can stop living like a need to know all the answers.  I have to learn to just put my hands out and and let God handle the situations and fall-out of all this. 

We live in uncertain times, and I don't know where it will end... but God does.

No comments: