Tuesday, July 12, 2016

going to Holland state park

This is a lily that I had packed up in a box over a year ago, thinking it was coming to Michigan right away, but never got here till a year later.  When I took it out of the box, I saw that it had sprouted.  It seems to be stunted (it's super small), but I had to laugh that it grew after having no water or sun for a full year!  Spunky little thing.
my funny little lily

my funny little cherry
While getting our yard beautified this week, we discovered we have a cherry tree.  It had one cherry.  I tried to eat it.  It was sour.  I spit it out.

waves splashing up over the pier
Kyle and Hilary invited us to go to Holland State Park.  It was really fun.  The waves were so high that they were coming up over the pier.  There was no swimming allowed that day because it was so rough.  We enjoyed our day very much!  We went to the beach and walked around Holland, bought some cool oils and then had dinner.  It's crazy that you can just go to the beach like literally any time because it's so close!  I love Michigan.

here we are, all but Ryan...
Kyle and Hilary looking at some baby ducks
awesome spider web on the pier

No comments: