Thursday, June 23, 2016

Mom's new home...

We took a quick trip to West Virginia to help Mom pack up some stuff and get a bit of work done that she needed.  Darryl did some painting and also repaired her roof.  We went to see her new house, although she can't move in yet because the electric is not on yet and there's all the moving that still needs to be done.

Ryan walking Mom over to her house for the first time
the house is situated on Scott and Flo's property

Eventually there will be a front porch and proper steps
Darryl replacing some bad shingles
it rained on and off for 2 hours!
Mom and me chillin'

I'm so glad we were able to go down and give a hand for a couple days.  It went by fast.

If I allowed myself to think about it, it might be sad realizing that I will never go back to that house where my Dad lived.  Seems I've been saying goodbye a lot lately.   Said goodbye to 2 houses, 2 churches... one of these days it might hit me.

I think Mom will be content living in her new home...just might have to do something about the internet there.  :)

Love you, Mom!

No comments: