Friday, June 3, 2016

firsts...

Since my last post was depressing and sad, I wanted to make a fresh start.  This is a new beginning for us.   It is the first time in 5 years or so that all the Vegh's are in the same state.

first time i'm here to fully enjoy the mailbox flowers
first bouquet of peonies
first time i am an official member of a praise team
guitar and vocal
first worship at Rosa Parks Circle

first time my worship song appears on a church's song list

first spring in our new home

worship in the circle
first hair coloring in Michigan
>Tonight is the first time we will sleep on our own mattress...
>It's the first time we'll have all of our belongings settled in one home, in one state.
>The first time a neighbor brought us a meal...ever.
>The first time I call Michigan HOME.

I do love our life here already.
People are so friendly, wherever I go.
I am accepted and welcomed as part of the Frontline Praise Band.  I've so much appreciated how people have treated me here.  They have not only made me part of the team, but they have also treated me with respect, as an equal.   That is a huge change for me, and it's something that I genuinely cherish.

Yesterday Ryan and I unloaded at least half of the trailer.  Today we (Darryl, Ryan, and I) finished unloading it with Scott's and Paul's help, as well as Ryan's friends.  It went better than I expected, but even so, it was stressful and demanding.  I did get a lot of boxes unpacked and sorted, but there are still so many more!!  It will take us a good long while to get rid of stuff and empty out the garage, but the process has already begun.  We donated many bags of clothes to someone who was trying to raise money for a missions trip.  We still have tons of stuff to find a home for.  Hoping Kyle and Hilary can use some of it.  Super glad we have the storage rooms in the basement.

I see a garage sale coming soon to Chateau Estates....

I'm so thankful to be here.

No comments: