Monday, January 4, 2016

Facebook vs God

I have fallen prey to some silly things on Facebook. I don't know why I do it.  I realize how stupid and pathetic it is. But then I think of all the people who read these things and take it to heart, and maybe they have no idea what the Bible says. So, here it is. This is who Facebook says I am.










 If you have trusted in Jesus Christ as your Savior, you are so much more than what the world says you are.  If you are saved, you are beloved of God, and you will spend eternity in his presence with all of those in God's family.  Are you a child of God?

I am a child of God.
I am a friend of Jesus.
I have been justified and redeemed.
I have been crucified with Christ, and no longer a slave to sin.
I have been set free from the law of sin and death.
I am a fellow heir with Christ.
I am a new creature in Christ.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing.
I am chosen.
I am forgiven.
I am sealed with the Holy Spirit.
I am seated with Christ in heavenly places.
I am a member of Christ's body.
I am a citizen of heaven.
I am been made complete in Christ.
I have been raised up with Christ.

So here we are, already into the first week of 2016.  As most folks do, I tried to look back over my year and see where I really slipped up.  It seems to be the same things over and over again.  I wake up some mornings and feel really discouraged and upset with myself.  But God tells me I'm forgiven, and that my life is abundantly valuable and precious.  But while we are here in these fleshly bodies we still mess up, we still fall.  We pick ourselves up and try again, don't we?  God tells us to cast our cares on him.  And I do that... for a while.  I shrug things off.  I wish I could always stay in that cool, calm, and collected place...but there's always sin.  There's always doubts and fears and anxiety that eat at me, even while keeping a cool exterior.

Father, I trust in your good plan for my life.  Help me to be patient, and not to worry about things.  I know everything will work out just fine, even on the days I feel scared, confused, weak, or angry.  My life is in your hands, and I know you will finish what you started in me!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you compare what the world(through Facebook) says you are to what God's word says about you (and mine). Very nice!