Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's happenin


Here is Ryan's new album, "Raj - extended version" which includes a few extra tracks. He did an amazing job on this album. Although a bit controversial in nature, there is no denying his musical talent, especially in making this album so believable. The first time I listened to it, I was shaken up pretty bad, thinking "this is my son." It took me quite a while to calm down and realize he was ACTING. And he did it so dang well! Anyone who knows Ryan and his gentle and loving spirit knows it's a huge stretch for him to put these kinds of songs together, but God has gifted him with the ability to portray very horrifying scenarios.  Here is one of the comments he got on the new album: "It's like techno meets heavy metal meets soundtrack meets... Jesus!" 

Ok, here is a cute picture of Hilary and Kyle.

 
Happy to see them smiling! By the way, those are like thousands of little Chinese lanterns that were released into the Grand Rapids sky. Pretty sweet, huh? 

I've been pretty busy with my voice lessons and stuff like that.  I guess it's going ok, I don't know.  Piano is sporadic at this point.  And I haven't been in the mood to paint or renovate anything. I just want it all to go away and be done with, and be organized. I think singing is my escape from it all. I'm happy that Darryl has gotten so much done without me. (Sorry Darryl)

We had our first CBC this past week.  I think it went pretty smoothly....except for the awkwardness of trying to operate the powerpoint, do handmotions, sing and engage the children all at the same time.

Darryl and I are going away next weekend.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I need to get away.  I'll tell you more later.

No comments: