Monday, September 3, 2012

A Labor of Love


Today is Labor Day, and the guys are downstairs working hard, even as I type this.  It's starting to look like a whole new room.  And that is a GOOD thing.  I get so tired of things being the same for so dang long.  I can't remember the last time we did anything different in that room.  OK, I admit it, I was dreadfully bored with things.  Darryl's brothers are here working long hours trying to finish it up before they have to leave on Thurs.  It's been really nice having them here, and I've enjoyed cooking for them.  I love cooking for people who aren't picky.  And it helps if they like spicy (hot) food too!

Most of the paint that we use we get at Lowe's for $5.00.  But for the family room we actually paid full price for it (around $35).  I usually refuse to pay full price b/c I can usually find reject paint that works just as well.  I figured with all the money we saved on the rest of the house, it covers the cost of the full priced ones.  I also bought some really inexpensive curtains at Lowe's.  I think they are perfect (and completely different from what I had before), light and delicate next to all the hard cold surfaces.  I love contrasts.

I am on day 4 of my voice lesson #1.  By Thursday I am hoping to go to lesson #2!

Today I dug out Ryan's piano books.  I also downloaded something online that looked interesting.  It's a 111 page e-book to teach me the "whys and hows" of piano playing.  It's called The Piano Encyclopedia.  No telling if I'm making any sense of it yet.

After the family room?  Well, there is still the master bath, which is a disaster.  After the sky lite leaked for so many years, the ceiling looks awful.  That needs to be painted, and oh what joy that will be, considering the ceilings are probably 12 feet high... same as the walls, which also need to be painted.  I have some beautiful $5.00 paint to use when we get that far.

After that?  Oh yes, the kitchen still looms big!


And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us; 
Yes, establish the work of our hands. 
Psalm 90:17

No comments: