Friday, August 24, 2012

back to Grace Bible College

We made the trek back to Grand Rapids to get the boys moved into their apartments.   Kyle's apt is HUGE...I personally think that the upperclassmen should have had the opportunity to get the best apts, but I guess the staff at GBC didnt' see it that way.  Anyhow, the boys have all their stuff (hopefully), but it will be days (weeks?) before they have it all organized and arranged.  

This is the last shot we took right before we left them there, right BEFORE the tears started to flow...

It wasn't AS bad as last year, but it still feels like my heart is getting ripped out every time I take them back and say goodbye.  I suppose that's because I'm their Mom it is only natural that I should feel such a crushing pain being separated from them.  (also, today was Kyle's 19th birthday and we didn't really do anything).  :(

It's so hard to do, but again I have left them in God's hands, trusting Him alone to care for them until we have them back again.  It is so hard to say goodbye to those precious boys.   I can feel the tears in my eyes even as I write this.  

Tomorrow it is back to NJ to start painting the family room and then finishing the tiling.  More projects after that.  I have come to the conclusion that life won't be "normal" again for a long time, if ever.  

2 comments:

Kate Dunkin said...

Great post Linda! I was online looking at accredited online Bible colleges when I came across your blog. I'm so happy I did because I love stories like this, it also got me a little excited and afraid to start college at the same time. Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures with us!

Linda Vegh said...

Thanks Kate! I'm glad you are excited about college! I highly recommend Grace Bible College, and they do have online classes. I wish you the best!

linda