Friday, August 28, 2020

learning new stuff

This is the Basil that I harvested.  On the right, I'm drying the seeds.  At least I think they are seeds.

Got my dehydrator out.  Drying out some fresh blueberries.

We discovered a local Farmer's Market.

Fresh corn and honey.  And I'm trying to make a clay pot heater.

Dehydrating strawberries from the market too.

I had a bag of assorted hot peppers taking up space in my freezer, so I dried them.

Croutons I made in the dehydrator from old bread I had stored in the freezer.

I decided to grind the dehydrated peppers into a power.

HOT HOT HOT pepper powder.  Don't breathe in the fumes.

I did the same thing with a batch of onions.  Fresh onion powder anyone?

Today I made watermelon juice with lime and honey. 

mmm~ delicious over ice.

Good thing I had a container to put it in.  

 
Today I'm working on tomatoes and more onions.

With the way the world is going I thought it would be wise to have some food that didn't need refrigeration...you know, just in case of asteroids or "aliens".   Anyway, it's been fun learning a few new things.  

Grown from sprouting sweet potatoes.  Looks like I need a deeper pot now that they are taking off.

Regrowing some romaine.

No comments: