Wednesday, June 4, 2014

songs from June 1st

Here are some videos from Sunday.  These are in order of how we did them.

Unfortunately we had issues with the camera being knocked over a couple of times. Darryl got it back up once (minus my head) but the second time, it was lost for good.

Build Your Kingdom Here
This was a super fun song to start the service.  Everyone seemed to like it!  Kyle does such a great job on that djembe.  I had fun with the tambourine...



I Need Thee Every Hour/ Lord, I Need You 
I love the look on Ryan's face when I first start out. He told me later that he was just thinking to himself how cool it was that I was leading the song by myself.  Kyle did super with the violin! 

Oceans
Here's where we lost the video completely. There was nothing we could do about it. I admit I was sad we didn't get the video of this song. It was very special. I loved that the congregation joined in on their own without us even asking them. It was awesome! (it's too bad the piano got turned down so much that I didn't notice my cue...and at times I felt like I was singing acapella because it was barely there.  I know you couldn't hear it in the back at all).   All in all, it was a good experience.

 Never Once
Ryan was on piano, me on guitar, Kyle on djembe.  This was a new song and the congregation received it very well...considering that the guy doing the powerpoint completely had the wrong slides on.


Doxology
Ryan on guitar, Kyle on violin.  This was a nice song to end with... very worshipful.  I loved hearing how loud some of the people sang!


I'm so proud of both of my boys.  And thankful that Darryl was there to keep the sound levels just right.  We never did get a monitor hooked up for me, but it all went well without it!

No comments: