Thursday, May 22, 2014

geocaching exercise

We started playing around with geocaching while all the kids were here.  We found a few items so far.  It's kinda fun...which surprises me because I despise scavenger hunts. I was also surprised how many of these things are in our neighborhood.  I think I like this because you aren't racing anyone.  And it gives you a ton of exercise!  Kyle and I have been riding our bikes to the paths and then doing a lot of hiking.  Except for a twisted ankle, it's been a blast!

 A couple of them that had little cheap trinkets in them.  Maybe someday we'll actually find a good one.


 That is a "micro" one.  I think they are kind of pointless to find because there is nothing in them except a tiny piece of paper to write your name... but it was cool to see what one looked like.

 This one was hidden in the dead tree.  It was a plastic container painted brown...

The "3 sticks" was a clue given to us so we could find it.

 Darryl and Kyle took our pool down today.  It's time to put the new one up!  Yay for hot, sunny, summer days!  Can't wait to jump in the pool!

 Here's my garden.  You can't really see anything but hopefully it'll be pretty cool once the stuff starts producing.
This is what I have, a few different kinds of peppers, including Thai hot red peppers!!  They are seriously hot.  Also a few kinds of tomatoes, string beans, sugar baby watermelons, strawberries, and lots of different kinds of herbs.  I might add things; not sure yet.  I've just been doing a little bit at a time.

So, my ankle was swollen up today.  It's feeling better right now.  :-)  Hoping I can still go do something fun tomorrow...but we'll see.

No comments: