Tuesday, June 4, 2013

my happy place


My new kitchen rug was there when we got home from church last night! Yay! I just love it. I love my kitchen. Now my "space" has been defined. That is my home. My track, my treadmill, my walking zone, cooking zone, thinking zone, talking on phone zone, memories of childhood, my comfort, my peaceful place, my computer place...it's where you can find me singing and praising God.

So anywayssss.... the boys and I did some practicing of songs at church Sunday and Monday.  It's not like we NEEDED to, because we have all the equipment here at home.  But I kinda wanted to do it at church so that I could get a little used to the feeling of standing on the stage.  I've only been up there once before and I was so nervous I felt like I was going to melt.  <=and that's not a good thing, and I don't want to ever feel that way again!  I don't have many opportunities to be up front to read scripture, or speak or do anything really, so I have no practice being in front of people.  So, even though we could much more easily practice at home, this was good for me.  I have never sang a solo in front of anyone before, so for sure this is a majorly huge thing for me.  I am so glad that Ryan and Kyle are so patient with me.  We all agree that I sing better at home because I am more comfortable and relaxed, so I am hoping that the more I do it, the better I will be.

Even though we can't do all the songs we planned to do, at least I get to sing with Ryan and Kyle 2 times over the summer.  Not as much as I would have liked, but oh well.  It is what it is, and we'll make the most of it.

Next week we go to Italy.  Today we booked a couple of tours, so that will definitely be cool.  Looking forward to getting the heck out of dodge.

No comments: