Monday, June 22, 2009

Celebrating Father's Day

Father's Day, Birthdays, and Christmas are all very tough in this household. Why? Well, my husband is not the easiest person to buy a gift for.

1. he has everything he needs
2. if he wants something else he goes out and buys it
3. whenever I buy stuff for him he returns it


So every time a "holiday" rolls around, me and the boys panic and get stressed out as to what to do for good old Dad. On Saturday I made him a nice breakfast (not breakfast in bed). On Sunday we had ribeye steak and dessert. I tried to do other special things for him as well.

Kyle didn't know what to do so I suggested he make a card, and that would give him practice with his graphic skills on the computer. I thought he would write a nice sentiment inside to express his honor and thankfulness to Darryl. I guess Kyle had a different idea. He made a picture of a taco, and the inside said,
"Happy Father's Day. You Rock Yo!" Adorable!
I was just as pathetic. I asked Darryl what he wanted. He told me. I bought it. Simple. We should just do it that way all the time from now on. Save him the trouble of returning everything. He wanted a portable air compressor. Gee, why didn't I think of that?
Ryan is going to sing something for Darryl later. I have no idea what or when, but I suggested I Want to be a Clone. Well, regardless of that, the boys are going to be washing both of our cars for Mother's Day and Father's Day because they did a terrible job on my car when they did it. Now they will have to do the inside as well because my car is a mess.

videos to follow

No comments: